Murphy Coat of Arms
The clock has marked the passing of time since
the pub opened its doors.
The counter in the main bar was acquired from
The Limerick Steamship Company offices at the Galway Docks.
Many emigrants had bought their tickets to a new life across that same counter.
"Old Map of Galway circa. 1617"
The triangular block, featured centrally on the map, distinctly shows High Street
on the long side of the triangle, with its clearly identifiable buildings"
"Ní dhéanfadh an saol capall ráis d'asal."
The world would not make a race horse out of an ass "Is minic a bhris beál duine a shrón."
'Tis often that a person's mouth broke his nose